The New York Flute Club sponsors:
- A professional concert series
- The New York Flute Fair
- An ensemble program
- A monthly newsletter
- An education and enrichment program
- Commissions of new music for flute
- A variety of publications and recordings
- Free admission and two guest tickets to monthly concerts
- Ensemble program
- Access to extensive member directory
- Free listing of members' events in our online and newsletter calendars
- Monthly newsletter
Welcome to The New York Flute Club
To Our Members and Friends
Our 2014-15 season proudly features concerts and classes with Emma Resmini, Mark Sparks, Paul Dunkel, Katherine Fink, piccoloist Jean-Louis Beaumadier, and jazz flutist, Nicole Mitchell. The Flute Fair, "The 21st Century Flute," highlights the artistry of the MacArthur "Genius" Award recipient, Claire Chase. Concerts, Events and More has more details about these concerts.
You can join or renew your membership online and, with membership, be able to access our current newsletters, view ourmembership directory, edit your profile, and list your upcoming concerts in Member Events. More member benefits are listed on our membership registration page.
News and Updates
- The 2014-15 season opens with a recital by Paul Dunkel. Joining him on October 19 are "some of
my best friends and favorite colleagues," performing works by Dunkel (a flute quartet featuring the flutists of the New York City Ballet Orchestra), Mozart, Moreno, Shostakovich and Debussy. Listen to his recording of "Prologue" from the Sonata for cello and piano by Claude Debussy, which Mr. Dunkel transcribed for the flute.
- Internationally renowned piccoloist Jean-Louis Beaumadier will present a masterclass in collaboration with the Mannes College The New School for Music on Monday, October 20, 7:00- 9:30 pm. at Goldmark Hall, 3rd Floor, Mannes College, 150 West 85th Street. It is possible to attend both our opening season concert on Sunday October 19 at Engelman Recital Hall with Paul Dunkel and then dash over to Carnegie Weill Hall recital to hear Beaumadier's piccolo recital at 7:30. Members, email us for possible discounts.
The New York Flute Club, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of flute playing and the appreciation of flute music. It provides a common meeting ground for professional, student, and amateur flutists and offers performance opportunities for flutists and composers. We welcome as members musicians and music lovers who are interested in the flute and flute music. Founded in1920 by eminent flutist Georges Barrère, composer Lamar Stringfield, and a group of their associates, The New York Flute Club is the oldest such organization in the United States. Hear Georges Barrère in 1941 playing a transcription of the gamelan piece Lagu Ardja by Colin McPhee.